Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Firecracker Run & Bike



Firecracker Run & Ride
Christoval, Texas
July 2, 2022
I will not be following my usual format of commenting on photos as most are self explanatory. And yes, it has been a while since posting a ride. We did some in October 2021, but on one it started raining just as we began so the lens was wet. On others I had a hard time seeing the environment.

I complained to my eye doctor repeatedly that "I can't see!" Short story, they discovered I have macular degenerartion in both eyes. Right is dry. Left is wet. I receive injections in my left eye every 6 weeks. Still, eye sight is terrible. 

I now have to follow Christine closely to stay safe. If she swerves, I swerve. Case in point: on a local ride Christine swerved so I did. Later I pulled up beside her and she said, "Did you see that rattlesnake back there?" No. And she alerts me to traffic and reads the route instructions for me.







Official rest stop and turn around point.
 
                                                 Why we don't come in first on a ride.




David and Brian at the turn around.







Great BBQ lunch as part of registration fee.


Even though it is a struggle, I will try to post a few more rides this season.. We will see how it goes. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment