Thursday, February 7, 2019

Update

If it "ain't" one thing it is another. Just as Christine's shoulder replacement was getting better, I had a recurrent hernia repair operation. Doing much better but still limited to lifting about 20 pounds. As some may recall, Christine and I have electric bikes now. They weight about 40 pounds each. Small problem.

While the northeast was snowed in, we in San Angelo got a break in weather and it hit 80 on Tuesday. We wanted to try to get in a ride before the weather closed back in, so with teamwork, Christine and I lifted the bikes onto the rack, and we took off. I was uncomfortable with parts of my body and Christine discovered she wasn't as recovered as she would have liked with her left shoulder/arm. At about 5 miles she said let's turn around. Wasn't a total loss. We now have ridden 10 miles this year!

With confidence that our bodies will continue to heal and improve, I am in the process of signing up for 2019 tours. Due to previous plans, our first formal tour will be all the way into April. I am hoping to schedule at least one tour per month through September. Eager to get started.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the problems but glad that you are progressing. One drawback of e-bikes is the weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rick. Yeah our bikes are heavy but we love them. Takes 50 years off my age. Just got them ready for the season and eager to start riding.

    ReplyDelete